Note: The hundreds of scriptures in this study are provided by online scriptures, so I am not responsible for the Old English spellings, and poor punctuations, from the many translations. I make enough mistakes on my own. The revelation of the Spirit is what we are after.
The Entire Vision
“The Revelation Of Jesus Christ”
(A Work In Progress As God Gives Us Light)
1But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.2Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; 3and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. 2Pet 2:12
“Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel (God’s People); whenever you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me. 18“When I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 19“Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.20“Again, when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21“However, if you have warned the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; and you have delivered yourself.” EZ 3:16-21
What Was Written In Earlier Times
The Old Testament, The Book of Shadows—The Keys To Unlocking The Shadows
The prophets knew it was not themselves speaking, but God. They knew they were not serving themselves, but us, “the body” desired and prepared by God, with Jesus as the head, to fulfil the plan of God from the beginning. Because the mysteries of God are only given the those that obey him, it was hidden in parables, and still is today. He that has ears to hear, let him hear.
As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow (in us). 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look. 1Pet 1:10-12
God Always Speaks In Parables
The first thing we need to discuss is how God speaks in His Word. Because His works were finished before the foundation of the world, the things he says, are spoken as if they are already done, even though they are being done, or will be done. When he said, “A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU”), Abraham had seen none of this fulfilled yet, but to God it was done.
So, as we study the words of God, we must be sensitive to this knowledge. When He said, Let us make man in our own image, he was speaking of the creation He was going to create, the new creation in Christ. When He spoke, the man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh, He was speaking of Christ and the Church, according to Paul, in the letter to the Ephesians. This is how God speaks in parables, and only His disciples can understand, when revealed by the Spirit.
This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: “I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN PARABLES; I WILL UTTER THINGS HIDDEN SINCE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.” Matt 13:35
I have also spoken to the prophets, And I gave numerous visions, And through the prophets I gave parables. Hos 12:10
All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable. Matt 13:34
With many such parables, He was speaking the word to them, so far as they were able to hear it; 34and He did not speak to them without a parable; but He was explaining everything privately to His own disciples. Mark 4:34
And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Matt 13:10-13
So, Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word (obey my commandments), then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Jn 8:31, 32
He spoke another parable to them, “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened.” 34All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable. 35This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: “I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN PARABLES; I WILL UTTER THINGS HIDDEN SINCE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.” Matt 13:33-35
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. 2Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. 3There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard. 4Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun, Ps 19:1-4
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments (loving one another), grows with a growth which is from God (into His image and likeness).
20If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21“Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22(which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence. Col 2:-22
Every requirement of the Law, of offerings and sacrifices in the Law, are required today. Not one jot or tittle has passed away and will not pass away, until all is fulfilled by the Spirit, in us. The Law is fulfilled in the teachings of Jesus, when we obey them, by the Spirit. Anyone standing firm in His faith and keeping the commands of Jesus, fulfils the Law. Anyone teaching that the Law has passed away, will be called least in the Kingdom.
so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Rom 8:4
What was written in earlier times was written for our instruction. (1Cor 10:6,11)
- God always speaks in parables, proverbs, mysteries, because it wasn’t written by men, but by the Spirit of God. Jesus continued the practice of speaking in parables, while on the earth. Paul, Peter, James and John also continued speaking by the Spirit, in Parables or Mysteries. Parables are only opened by the Spirit to baby disciples that obey His word.
- The Bible is written in spiritual words and only understood by spiritual people, when revealed by the Holy Spirit.
- Oftentimes God causes things to happen in the natural, and natural men can only see it in the natural. He records them by the Spirit for our instruction, revealed to us by the Spirit, to Spiritual People.
- People who refuse to listen to His voice, see and experience only the natural, the shadows, becoming very religious with man’s knowledge. Those who obey His voice, see and understand the spiritual.
- So, we have the natural written, and the spiritual revealed by the Spirit, and this is the way the Bible is written.
The Sealed Book And What It Takes To Open It
The first thing we must understand about the Bible, is that it is not a history book. It is “God’s Entire Vision”, his ultimate purpose for mankind, revealed in what is written by the prophets. It shows us how God is bringing forth a people for His own possession, revealing through a history of pictures and types, His parables in the Spirit. This was to foretell what He was doing in the heart of man, to be revealed later. The men of old, and the prophets, sought diligently to understand the One (Jesus Christ and the body, Jesus the head) that was spoken of in their writings by the Spirit.
God earnestly desires a royal priesthood, a unique people, a dead body that truly lives, a people in the fullness of God, manifesting “the eternal life”. This was God’s purpose He had in His Spirit, from the beginning, from the first words spoken in Genesis.
The second thing is to realize the Bible, the mystery of God’s purpose, is a “sealed Book”, to those not manifesting and walking in His Image, obeying by faith. I know anyone can read the Bible in the natural, and benefit from the time spent in it. It is a living Word, alive and active, God Himself in print, on natural pages. The mere presence in it reveals Him, desiring to provoke His life in us, so we can walk in it. It is first written in the natural, for the natural man, calling him to God, then to the spiritual man, to lead him into the image of Christ, the new birth.
So we must realize the Bible is a spiritual book, God’s voice like a trumpet, written to show God’s writings on hearts of stone, to reveal the true gospel to us, like He did our forefathers in the faith. This “sealed book”, which was to remain sealed until the end, is the revelation of God’s purpose, showing His work in us, from the very beginning of mankind. In the spiritual, it is never about what is happening at a given time in the world, only what is happening, or His desiring to happen, in us. May God open our eyes, to see this truth, saved for revealing in these days, the fullness of time.
I pray God may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling.
The Sealed Book And Why
Be delayed and wait, Blind yourselves and be blind; They become drunk, but not with wine, they stagger, but not with strong drink. For the LORD has poured over you a spirit of deep sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets; And He has covered your heads, the seers.
The entire vision will be to you like the words of a sealed book, which when they give it to the one who is literate, saying, “Please read this,” he will say, “I cannot, for it is sealed.” Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, “Please read this.” And he will say, “I cannot read.” Then the Lord said, “Because this people draw near with their words, And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote, Is 29:9-12
“But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.” He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words are concealed and sealed up until the end time. Dan 12:4, 9
But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him. 38This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?” 39For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40“HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I HEAL THEM.” 41These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him. 42Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God. Jn 12:37-43
‘Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, Who have eyes but do not see; Who have ears but do not hear. Jer 5:21
Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, ‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; 15FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL, WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
16“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.17“For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. Matt 13:11-17
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2Cor 4:4
The Gift Of Prophecy- The Revealing Of The Mysteries
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 1Cor 13:2
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 1Cor 13:9-12
‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says, ‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS; EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.
19‘AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE. 20‘THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS (pass through the darkness of night) AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD (His light shines upon you) SHALL COME. 21‘AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’ Acts 2:17-21
Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching. 14Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery. 15Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all. 16Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.
A Few Spiritual Definitions By The Spirit
The Spirit’s uses these definitions in many cases, but not all. Sometimes terms are interchangeable because it’s hidden in a mystery. There is no grid that always works to define them. Only the Spirit can show us when they apply, and sometimes they change with more revelation, as we go deeper in the vision of God. By the Spirit, we are combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
- Life, Light, and Love are the same, the nature and image of God, revealed to us in the person of Jesus Christ. The Life was with God, the Life was God.
- Life- Life is the makeup of the Spirit of God, brought and shared with mankind, the very nature of God Himself, revealed in the person of Jesus Christ, the Eternal Life.
- Light- Light was the Life Of God, shined forth into the darkness of mankind and represents how the “life of God” was revealed to the world. The light was Jesus Christ, the “light of life”, revealed to and shining in mankind.
- Love- Love is the Spirit of God manifested, described as the fruit of the Spirit, God’s nature on the move through His people. Love is revealed in Jesus Christ, shown in us by the covering of one person by another.
- Jesus Christ- God’s Son, with the Father, showing His life on the earth, The Son of God, choosing to be the Son of Man, the great I Am, revealed.
- The Spirit of God- The nature of God, working in man.
- The Word- The Word is Jesus Christ, from the beginning with the Father, in the form of God’s spoken word (His voice), His written Word (the Bible and anointed writings), and the will of God revealed.
- The Way- The way is Jesus Christ and represents the Spirit led path from where we are called, to the place of the fullness of the Image and Likeness of Jesus Christ
- The Truth- Jesus Christ is the truth. Speaking truth to one another, is speaking in the Spirit, revealing only Jesus Christ’s image, the fruit of the Spirit, coming from our mouth. If we know the truth, the real Jesus Christ in the Spirit, the truth will set us free.
- The Cross- The Place of Christ’s death, and also, the picture of Christ’s sacrifice, revealed in the walk of Jesus Christ, and the believer’s crucified life, our daily walk of faith. His command to take up our own cross and follow Him, was before He went to the physical cross.
- The Lamb- The Lamb represents pure innocence, the sacrifice God ordained for the guilty, us. The Lamb is the picture of Jesus Christ, and also his many membered body, a living sacrifice, abiding in Him.
- The Heaven- The expanse was the heavens, that divided the water from the waters. The heaven was made by the spiritual seed of God that was given and dwelt in man, the heavenly in man, the first heaven. The New Heaven is the new creation in man, manifesting the heavenly realm to others, dwelling in us.
- The Earth- The earthly body and the nature of man, the earthy, the first earth. The New Earth is the redeemed body, the vessel possessed through the Spirit abiding in us.
- The Nations- In the natural, Israel and the other nations. In the Spirit, the different places people reside, before coming to Christ. One nation, is the body of Christ.
- The Beast- The image and likeness of Satan, manifested in the flesh nature of fallen and unbelieving man.
- To Eat- To take to heart.
- The Forehead- The mind of man.
- The Hand- The works of our hands.
- The Feet- The walk by the body of Christ.
- Eyes- The spirit.
- Idols- Anything in the heart of man, replacing the image of God, Jesus Christ. Also spoken of as men, who teach idolatry, and we set them up to worship and follow. They do not have the good fruit of life, but we follow them anyway.
- Darkness- Darkness is the nature of the Beast, the bad fruit, the spirit of the devil, the opposite of God’s Spirit, operating in the flesh of man. Light drives out darkness, the only way to remove it, but darkness cannot drive out light.
- Flood- Deceptive words that attempt to sweep us away.
- The Day- A time of light. Can refer to the coming of the Lord in us. Also, the light coming to fruition in us, the day dawning.
- Night- A time of darkness, the old nature in us, when we practice sin.
- Anger Of The Lord- Judgment delivered by Satan/demons.
- Rain- Works of the Spirit. Also, the flood against the house, to test the foundation.
- Antichrist- The spirit revealed and manifesting in fallen and unbelieving man. This spirit blasphemes, professing to be the nature of Christ, but having the Beast image and nature, revealed in man’s old nature, the flesh.
- Birds Of The Air- Messengers of Satan, demons, fallen angels, that harass and dwell in the flesh, and the old nature of man.
- Beasts Of The Field- Mankind that is given over to the powers of darkness, and controlled by demons, always trying to devour the flesh of man.
- Fish Of The Sea- People of the world, not the people of God.
- Garden- The soul and the body.
- Trees- Trees represent people and each kind of tree reveals a certain type of person. The cedars of Lebanon represents tall and proud. Fruit bearing trees are the kind God prefers, bearing the good fruit in the proper season.
- The Grass Of The Field- People, good and bad, sometimes wilting away with a little heat and wind.
- The Sea- The multitudes of humanity.
- The Waves and Tossing Sea- The wicked.
- The Wind- Doctrines. Can also be the wind of the Spirit.
- Clouds of Heaven- People with the Spirit of God in them, represented by the cloud of witnesses. Also men spoken of as clouds without water, no living water.
- The Coming- The coming, the visitation, the judgment, the day of the Lord. The coming is in His saints, and also to destroy the wicked.
- Temple of God- The believer’s body, one member, and, also the complete Body of Christ.
- Holy of Holies- Dwelling in the presence of God, face to face, His image in us.
- The Veil- Represents the flesh of Christ being sacrificed daily, the believer must pass through into the presence, the image.
- Israel- God’s natural people, God’s spiritual people, and people that think they are God’s people. Not all that descends from Israel is Israel.
- The City, Jerusalem- In the natural, God’s people, only of the natural line from Abraham, not children of promise by faith. Not indicative of the real people of God dwelling in the heavenly Jerusalem, the spiritual that dwells in Him.
- Zion- Where God and His people dwell.
- Sinai- Place of rebellion and refusal to hear God ‘s voice. Where the Law started, due to disobedience. Place where the ten commandments were given, but they were only a shadow of the real Law, “Love your neighbor as yourself”.
- Tent- Our earthly bodies
- To covet- To lust after or desire.
- (To Be Continued)
The Law Did Not Pass Away
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;15nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.16“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works (righteous acts), and glorify your Father who is in heaven. 17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matt 5:14-19
Natural Man Vs Spiritual Man
There is “the heavens” and “the earth” in scripture and was first mentioned in Genesis. The earth represents the natural, the nature in man, and the heavens represent the spiritual, in man, the man with the nature of the “spiritual seed” sown in us by God, a living soul, with “life”. The natural man will always try to please his God by doing things in the flesh to please Him. The spiritual man will submit to the Spirit of God within him, and be formed into His image and likeness. The natural man goes the broad way (the way of religion), and the spiritual man goes the narrow, the way of a painful childbirth, the way to life eternal.
The natural man hears the laws of God and fulfils them in the flesh, being proud and boasting of his obedience to the law. The Spiritual man listens to the voice of God and becomes a doer of the law (fulfilling it), by the Spirit within. The natural man is very religious, and from outward appearance, loves God. For that is his intent, to have a mark he belongs to God.
The spiritual man loves God, for he hears and practices the righteous acts of the gospel, according to the Spirit working in the Holy Place, within him. Once the Spirt has disciplined him fully, he will become a perfect man, the image of the one he loves. Only then can he enter the Holiest of All, behind the veil, the crucified life of the flesh of Christ, in him.
To fulfil God’s complete purpose, both the old heavens and old earth must be burned up with fire (fiery ordeals) and intense heat, and the new heavens and new earth that are in heaven, must come down, in us. This process is completed as we become His perfect image of Love, Jesus Christ. These things are sometimes hard to understand, but this is God’s mysteries being revealed. The book is being unsealed and His purpose revealed.
12There is a way which seems right (the natural man) to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way (broad way leading to destruction) of death. Prov 14:12 Amplified
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 1Cor 2:13,14
The First Creation—“Mere Shadows” Of What Is To Come
From the very first verse in Genesis, the shadows began to show us the heavenly things of God true creation, the new creation. We know this by what Paul said of man and woman in the garden, this mystery is great, but I am speaking of Christ and the Church. So, every part of the creation story is a shadow of the one to come, Christ and his bride, to be fulfilled in us.
We see that God always speaks of future things as if they were already accomplished. Here we can see it with Abraham. (as it is written, “A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU”) in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist.
The Book of Hebrews says…since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things…. Heb 8:4,5
Notice here how God interprets for us the meaning of trees and gardens…. And He will destroy the glory of his forest and of his fruitful garden, both soul and body, And it will be as when a sick man wastes away. 19And the rest of the trees of his forest will be so small in number That a child could write them down. Is 10:16-19
“And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Is 58:11
Heaven And Earth
The first earth represented the first nature of man, though soon corrupted, the first heavens representing the heavenly seed in man, the living seed of life. The first heaven and the first earth must be destroyed, burned up, so the new heavens and the new earth may come forth, in us. The new creation is the new heavens and the new earth, in us.
6Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. 8God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. Gen 1:6-8
He made darkness His hiding place, His canopy around Him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies. Ps 18:11
The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory. Ps 97:6
16The waters saw You, O God; The waters saw You, they were in anguish; The deeps also trembled. 17The clouds poured out water; The skies gave forth a sound; Your arrows (lightning) flashed here and there.
Thus declares the LORD who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him (the creation of the new man), Zech 12:1
7But by His word the present heavens (the seed of the Spirit within us) and earth (the old nature) are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat (the fiery trials of testing), and the earth and its works will be burned up.
Looking For And Hastening The Coming
11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. 14Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; 2Pet 3:11-14